ETAS' Engineering Services solutions group is focused on providing you with a turn-key system, whether that means a software and/or hardware tool configured for immediate use, or a production-ready CAN driver integrated into your embedded software. We offer ready-to-use solutions tailored to your specific application and needs. Our engineers have experience in embedded software, hardware design, Windows-based software programming, and a variety of other disciplines. If it's related to embedded system development, we have a solution for you!
Sample projects from our solutions group include:
- Turn-key hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) simulators for embedded software validation and verification, including automated test scripts.
- Custom-designed and built hardware solutions for rapid prototyping and HiL systems, whether for VME-based systems, signal adaptation devices, or breakout boxes.
- ASCET-SE configured for automatic code generation for your microcontroller, including memory mapping, O/S configuration, device driver integration, and customized make-files.
- Turn-key prototyping systems, including software, hardware, connectors, wiring, ECU interfaces (CAN or ETK), and I/O mapping.
- Flashing routines, including embedded software, tools, and configuration.
- Tool integration interfaces and extensions, such as COM-API-based programs between ASCET-SD and configuration management software and data processing scripts for MATLAB® or Excel® import.
- Creating or customizing of ASAM-MCD 2D diagnostic databases
- Integration of diagnostic solutions into existing IT infrastructures
- Customizing our tools to keep up with changes in the on-board and off-board communication protocols of your vehicle
- Developing special interfaces for new vehicle programs
Some recent projects include:
- Custom-designed and built GUIs and functions for remote control of INCA from MATLAB® to facilitate engine calibration.
- Customized ES1600 (MPC555) VME card for signal processing in ETAS ES1000 rapid prototyping system.
- ECU I/O drivers and hardware abstraction layer (HAL) for Infineon C167-based microcontroller. The HAL is a software layer to help provide a modular and flexible interface between embedded software described in engineering/physical units and the ECU-specific I/O in counts, ticks, etc.
- KWP2000 implementation on MPC555 and Motorola 683xx platforms for flashing software with INCA.
- File conversion tool to translate a customer-specific data description format to the standard ASAP2 (ASAM-MCD-2MC) file format.
- HiL test system for ECU network in a heavy duty truck application, including vehicle simulation models for engine management, electronic stability program, transmission control and others.
- Hardware-in-the-loop system rollout for a multiple ECU system with full closed-loop model integration, test automation and diagnostic capabilities.
Already have a solution but need help getting the most out of it? Visit our consulting and operations group pages to see how ETAS can help.
*MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.
**Excel is a register trademark of the Microsoft Corp.