Using the ES411 to make strain measurements
The ES411 is a A/D Module with four voltage measurements channels and a host of other features and capabilities.
To support strain measurements, the ES411 has the following features:
- Measurement ranges: ±100 mV, ±1 V, ±10 V, ±60 V, individually adjustable per channel
- Excitation voltage: 3.5 V to 15 V, individually adjustable per channel
- Sampling rate fs: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, … 2000, 5000, 10000 Sa/s, individually adjustable per channel, not limited by sum sampling rate
- Anti-Aliasing Filter HW-AA filter: 5 kHz, 4th order Butterworth
- Configurable Filter: Digital FIR, automatically adapted to sampling rate. fc (corner frequency) = 0.4 x fs
- Diagnostics: Short-circuit, cable break, TEDS
- Power Consumption: about 2 W (unloaded)
Strain application is just one example of the possibilities with the ES411. Many other transducers, such as accelerometers and transducers are also well supported by the ES411’s excellent feature set. Go to our ES411 product page for all the details.