The ES780 is an add-on to the measurement and calibration system INCA. It consists of the display unit and the “Thummer” input device. Infrared communication between thummer and display unit allows for a convenient mounting of the devices within the vehicle. Mount the thummer on the steering wheel and do measurement and calibration tasks with your thumb. Seven buttons on the input device let you perform routine measurement and calibration tasks while you keep both hands on the wheel. The thummer‘s four arrow buttons are used to calibrate and to navigate through an unlimited number of variable display pages and one status page. The remaining three buttons for the INCA commands can be configured most useful to your needs. Each button can be configured for two different functions. Select from all variables of an INCA experiment and distribute them over the display pages. Set up variables by selecting physical or hexadecimal representation and value precision. Intuitive dialog windows quickly guide you through the ES780 configuration. As with any configuration in INCA, your settings are saved and can be re-used in other experiments and by other calibrators. The vacuum fluorescent display assures visibility under all lighting conditions. 8 brightness control settings and 3 different font sizes let you adapt the display for night or day applications.
Adding the HUD and configuring the thummer‘s buttons are done in INCA‘s Hardware Configuration Editor. Data transfer from and to the display unit is realized via
Ethernet and TCP/IP protocol.
Functions at a Glance
- User remote control device – Thummer
- Thummer makes in-vehicle calibration safer
- Display visible under all lighting conditions
- All necessary INCA commands performed with hands on the wheel
- Perfectly integrated into INCA
- Display and thummer configurable within INCA
- Freely configurable display pages
- Displays measurements and calibrations
- All Windows fixed pitch fonts for your convenience
- 1 status page for all hardware information at a glance