The high standards in terms of performance, safety, responsiveness, drivability, fuel savings and emissions met by today's vehicles would not be attainable without the deployment of ECUs featuring a multitude of sophisticated functions. Powerful measuring and calibration access constitutes an essential prerequisite for developing these functions and calibrating the function parameters.
The Ethernet-based ETK and XETK interfaces by ETAS provide direct access to the control variables and parameters of an ECU via the parallel data and address bus, or via a serial microcontroller testing or debugging interface. The ETK/XETK interface is real-time capable. Its dedicated power supply enables the preparation and initiation of cold-start testing independently of the ECU. Due to their extremely compact design, ETKs/XETKs can be accommodated inside the housings of production ECUs. They are impervious to the temperature extremes and vibrations at the ECU's location in the vehicle.
Functions at a Glance
- Powerful, vehicle-compatible and microcontroller-independent interface between development ECU and PC-based development and calibration tools
- Ethernet-based data transmission with high bandwidth
- Independent of the ECU vehicle-bus interfaces
- Small form factor
- Mechanically and electrically robust
- Flexible and easily adaptable to various microcontrollers
- Time and angle-synchronized capture of hundreds of measured variables in up to 32 resolutions
- Real time data exchange, e.g., with prototyping hardware (“bypass applications”)
- Supports up to 16 time and angle-synchronized bypass resolutions
- Simultaneous access to the ECU for measurement, calibration and rapid prototyping tools