RTA-OSEK provides a production real-time operating system suitable for applications in all areas of automotive ECU design. It implements both the AUTOSAR OS SC1 and the OSEK/VDX OS V2.2.3 standards, and is fully MISRA C compliant. An extremely small and fast runtime kernel is supplied for more than 20 popular microcontrollers, together with Planner and Builder tools that are used to configure and analyze the operating system.
Using the Planner tool, the real-time deadlines of the application can be modeled and the runtime behavior predicted in advance. The Builder tool can be used to generate optimized data structures and code for the application. The RTA-OSEK component libraries are supplied with configurable instrumentation for RTA-TRACE. This allows a powerful and efficient development procedure to be used for real-time applications.
The low overheads and advanced timing control features of RTA-OSEK mean that it is ideal for powertrain and chassis electronics applications. Designers of body electronics modules appreciate the extremely low memory footprint and stack optimization features. Extensive consistency checks, together with automatically generated design checklists and template files, mean that all ECU software developers can benefit from using RTA-OSEK.
RTA-OSEK is also available as a PC port. This provides support for virtual development of AUTOSAR and OSEK based ECU application software, i.e. development on your PC rather than production hardware.
Features at a Glance
- Implementation of the AUTOSAR OS SC1 standard
- Certified implementation of all conformance classes of the OSEK/VDX OS standard
- MISRA C compliant implementation
- Support for 8, 16 and 32 bit microcontrollers
- Support for virtual ECU development on a standard Windows PC
- Low CPU overheads
- Small memory requirements
- Analysis of system schedulability, sensitivity, stack size and minimum CPU speed
- Optimized data structures automatically generated
- Easy to use graphical interface
- Unique (patent pending) single-stack implementation which typically saves 50-80% of application space requirements