The AUTOSAR Runtime Environment (RTE) implements the communication infrastructure for application software components, the real-time scheduling of application software components, and the interface between application software components and basic software modules.
RTA-RTE3.0 is a mature, robust production quality AUTOSAR Runtime Environment (RTE) Generator that conforms to AUTOSAR Release 3.0. It is a PC-based, command-line tool that can be easily integrated into a variety of build environments to generate an AUTOSAR compliant RTE. The RTA-RTE product line also includes RTA-RTE2.0 that conforms to AUTOSAR Release 2.0.
RTA-RTE3.0 helps users to solve many of the problems involved in the RTE Generation process by, for example, providing validation of the input XML configuration information, generating operating system (OS) configuration information and by providing easy debugging capabilities. An important feature of RTA-RTE3.0 is its ability to optimize the resource usage of the generated RTE whenever possible, giving the user the flexibility to specify whether the optimization should be performed for either code size (memory) or for runtime (CPU usage). RTA-RTE3.0 generates an RTE that is compiler and target independent, allowing its use with a wide range of ECU platforms.
Functions at a Glance
- Mature RTE generation tool
- AUTOSAR Release 3.0 conformant
- Generated RTE is fully MISRA C compliant
- Seamless integration with RTA-OSEK and RTA-OS3.0
- Optimizes RTE resource usage for either memory or CPU usage
- Easy integration into a variety of build environments
- Validation of input data (XML) for correctness and consistency
- Support for both AUTOSAR contract phase and RTE generation phase
- Output of OS configuration eases integration of the RTE and OS
- Compiler and target independent RTE can be used with a wide range of ECU platforms
- Supports SWCs written in C or C++ provided as either source code or object code
- Easy debugging using Virtual Function Bus (VFB) tracing
- Generated RTE is compatible with OSEK 2.2.3, AUTOSAR
- SC1 and ERCOSEK V4.3 operating systems