eNewsletter, Issue 1/2010
The new compact hardware modules of the ES500 family, ES592 and ES595, each provide one ETK, two CAN and two LIN connections. In addition, the ES595 module offers a two channel FlexRay node. The interfaces are used for ECU calibration, diagnostics and flash programming and for bus monitoring with INCA. The INCA configurations of the new hardware and the established ES590/ES591 units are fully compatible. For integrating the ES59x modules with other tool environments, ETAS provides C libraries.
The ES592 and ES595 modules are connected to the host application via Fast Ethernet. In addition to the PC port, the new modules are equipped with further Ethernet interfaces for connecting and synchronizing XETK ECUs, additional interface hardware or measurement modules.
The ES592 and ES595 modules come in the same compact housing and can be easily connected to each other or to the measurement modules of the ES600 and ES400 product families.
To handle the calibration of complex systems, IAV GmbH developed the software tool named “CaliAV®”, which has already been used in a number of projects. Since the user is intuitively guided by the new tool, he will require only a short familiarization period. Using drag and drop action on graphical symbols taken from a virtual toolbox, typical calibration sequences can be combined to form a flow chart, where a given symbol represents a specific method for optimizing the ECU parameters of selected functions.
Flow charts are stored in a library that can be made available to new users. Aside from a standard library containing more than 70 methods native to the areas of optimization, statistics, visualization, and measurement data analysis, CaliAV® also provides a MATLAB® interface. Access to the ECU is handled by the INCA measurement and calibration tool. One of the beneficial consequences of the deployment of CaliAV® in the preparatory and planning stages of calibration tasks at the workstation is a significant reduction of the number of required test vehicles.
CaliAV® permits the user to standardize and automate complex ECU calibration sequences. In practical application, CaliAV® produces reproducible results more rapidly.
Since early 2010, ETAS has been marketing CaliAV® V2.0 as its exclusive distributor.
Fast control functions of inverter ECUs for electric propulsions are a real challenge for In-the-Loop testing systems.
With LABCAR ETAS provides the right solutions:
Based on multi-core standard PC with four and more cores the RTPC simulation target offers extremely fast calculation times. In comparison to other well established systems the model to be calculated is specifically distributed to the several cores. This allows to really harness the full potential of a multi-core computer.
LABCAR offers the possibility to access the ECU’s CPU directly via ETK (Function-in-the-Loop, FiL). This system variant enables the testing of ECU functions without additional costs for project-specific hardware I/O.
Thanks to the open architecture LABCAR customers are able to quickly respond to new demands and extend the test system easily and cost-efficient, e.g., with the new FPGA I/O boards for extreme speed requirements - available at the end of this year. Testing at function, signal, as well as power level can be conducted with one system.
LABCAR offers leading technology with a unique price/performance ratio. Contact us to get more information.
INCA-SIP – Simulink® Integration Package
- no prototype hardware or electronic control units required
- calibration of the Simulink® environment provides for short design iterations
- easy carry over of existing calibration data
- use of INCA measurement data from test drives as stimuli for simulations
- consistent use of INCA measurement and calibration tool throughout the complete control development process
New MDA Version V6.3.0
- new Open and Configure Dialog, new option for axis scaling and grid alignment
- print engine enhancementscut, copy and paste of signals grouped to a common axis
- automatic mapping of imported calculated Signals
New ASCET Version V6.1.0
- AUTOSAR Support V2.1, V3.0 and V3.1
- import of AUTOSAR descriptions
- XML based file system storage ("Workspace")
- user defined interpolation routines selectable in GUI
- more flexible configuration of Tool and Project options
- new type casting strategies
- support of ES910 via integrated INTECRIO-style Experimental-Target-Configurator
New INTECRIO Version V3.2.0
- import/export of individual hardware systems, also from/to ASCET-RP V6.1.0
- FIBEX V2.0.1 support for FlexRay
- CANdb import configurable for individual messages
- Service Based Bypass (SBB) with SBB V2.0
- support of new ES910.3 and new lambda modules ES630, ES631, ES635 and ES636
- new "interrupt mode (RP)" daisy chain modules (ES4xx/ES6xx) with HSP 8.1.0 which provides a better performance
- Simulink® R2009a and R2009b support
- AUTOSAR R3.0 & R3.1 schema support
New LABCAR-AUTOMATION Version V3.3.1
- real time test support
- soft-stop function for test cases
- improved data logging functionality
- new test case creation and generation
- Test Bench Configuration Wizard
- offline project generation
- improved test report Structure
New LABCAR-OPERATOR Version V5.0.1
- new add-on LABCAR-MCA (Modelling Connector for ASCET) to integrate ASCET projects into LABCAR
- new add-on LABCAR-LCX (LABCAR Integration XCP) providing an XCPoE based real time X-ETK ECU
- interface for closed loop testing of ECU functions
- support of CAN messages with more than 8 byte payload according the J1939 specification1)
- "Multiselect" feature in Connection Manager (multiple ports or hierarchies)
- Wake On LAN support for Real Time PC when compiling code
- Matlab™ Version Selector
- Support of new hardware: ES4454.2 Simulation of piezo loads
- numerous LCO-NIC CAN Editor improvements
- extended hardware functionality of ES1321 PWM I/O board to produce and measure SENT signals according SAE J2716 (JAN2010) standard
- LCO add-on Network Integration Flexray supports Elektrobit Tresos Busmirror R2009a.sr1.5 (providing AUTOSAR Template Importer)
- support of CAN remote frames
New LABCAR-RTPC Version V5.0.1
- enable up to 4 partitions with RTPC software on one PC
- pause and single step execution for simulation experiment
- RTPC benchmark indicator (compare performance of different RTPC hardware)
- CPU performance monitoring (information about the CPU performance)
- for hard disks larger than 35 GB: provide one common partition that uses all remaining hard disk space
- reset changes done on the Configuration windows page “Expert Edit Mode” accidentally
- new feature CLONE RTPC in RTPC Web Interface for easy distribution of RTPC set up
- CSV file export for evaluation of Runtime Trace results
- extended filter by ID mask for CAN to UDP Streaming
- information about VME hardware detected on run time
- support for new ES1321 feature: Generation and Measurement for SAE J2716 (Jan 2010) SENT signals
- INCA V6.2.1 is delivered with a network manager which can configure the IP-range of the network adapter automatically? Furthermore selecting the network adapter which should be used can also be done by the network manager.
- INCA can also record calculated signals! Just enable this option via Options --> User options --> Experiment --> Measure --> General --> Enable Rec. of calculated signals: "yes".
This makes the analysis in the MDA much more easy because the values can directly be used without calculating them again.
- Our main ETAS products come with a context-sensitive online help! Just press "F1" wherever you are and the integrated help will be opened at the correct chapter.
Extension of www.etas.com: More product details available now!
After the last issue of our Product and Service Catalog 2008/2009, we have extended etas.com significantly.
You can now find all catalog data about our products on our website – not only product details but also further information like technical data or ordering numbers.
ETAS offers a new training course called “ASCET-AUTOSAR Training”
This two day training shows how to work with ASCET in AUTOSAR development projects.
The goal is to enable software developers to implement application software components in ASCET.
For more information click here
We trust you have found this eNewsletter informative and concise.
Please send any comments or suggestions for future topics to email@example.com