The ETAS ASCET product family provides all the tools necessary to develop model-based application software. Through the consistent improvement and expansion of its various modules, ASCET enables software engineers to develop even the most complex systems confidently and efficiently. But it also facilitates the model-based design of less complex systems, too.
Frontloading – the fast route to understanding, describing, and validating systems
ASCET-SCODE and ASCET-CONGRA enable the formal description and validation of a system to be carried out at the beginning of the development process. This helps developers understand the system sooner and reduce its complexity from the outset.
Built-in safety and coding security
One of the distinguishing features of ASCET-DEVELOPER is its use of Embedded Software Development Language (ESDL) to automatically generate code for safety-relevant systems with real-time constraints. This systematically eliminates many of the errors typically encountered when coding in C. The result is guaranteed safer software.
Proven in use
More than 450 million vehicles around the world are equipped with ECUs designed using ASCET-DEVELOPER software tools.
ASCET employs modeling notations that enable software engineers to create functional design models quickly and effectively. Through a combination of static analysis and testing, these models can be validated very early in the development process. This enables missing links and invalid pointers to be promptly identified and corrected.
Customer testimonials confirm that the use of ETAS ASCET tools can speed up the software development process by a factor of four compared with other model-based software development tools.
Ease of integration in the tool chain
Another advantage of ASCET is the simplicity with which the tools can be integrated in the Eclipse development environment, including updates and add-ons where necessary.
ETAS Engineering Services will continue to provide support to users of the legacy version of ASCET (ASCET 6.4). Click here for more information on ASCET V6.
- Complex interactions can be visualized and documented easily
- Formal validation at an early stage in the development process
- Migration and development of AUTOSAR software components
- Automated and highly efficient generation of production-ready ECU code
- Meets the highest safety requirements:
- Code generation certified to IEC 61508 (SIL3) and ISO 26262 (ASIL-D)
- Code generation in compliance with MISRA-C
- Automatic generation of defensive code checks
- Easy to integrate into existing Eclipse-based development environments