AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture) is the standard middleware for most vehicle platforms and widely approved and accepted in the automotive industry. AUTOSAR Classic and AUTOSAR Adaptive already offer a range of useful security modules. However, correctly using these security modules can pose various challenges. ESCRYPT AUTOSAR security consulting service by ETAS supports you in fully harnessing the potential of AUTOSAR.
On the way to connected, automated driving, the number of security-relevant in-vehicle functions is increasing. This means it is becoming more important than ever to have more elaborate security measures and a high security level in place for vehicle platforms.
AUTOSAR for holistic vehicle protection
AUTOSAR has extended its security portfolio by more and more components and nowadays incorporates various security applications, making it the ideal technological answer to the increasing security requirements. ESCRYPT AUTOSAR security consulting service by ETAS provides expertise in securing vehicles using existing AUTOSAR modules and supports customers bringing their own features into AUTOSAR.
AUTOSAR as enabler for the UN-R 155
AUTOSAR enables an adequate solution for regulations like UN-R 155 and paves the way for implementing the new security requirements relevant to type approval. See our webinar on this topic for further information.
ETAS has successfully completed numerous projects with various OEMs and Tier1s regarding AUTOSAR security consulting. ETAS has been a member of the AUTOSAR consortium for many years.
Available AUTOSAR security building blocks
AUTOSAR incorporates various security applications, for instance for securing in-vehicle communication and for protecting confidential data. However, due to their different architectures, AUTOSAR Classic and AUTOSAR Adaptive offer partly identical and partly different security applications.
- Crypto stack for access to cryptographic primitives and key management
- Secure communication via TLS, IPSec and SecOC
- Secure diagnostic access via the UDS services 0x27 (Secure Access) and 0x29 (Authentication)
- Access protection to critical resources via Identity & Access Management
- Detection and reporting of security events via IdsM
- Secure updates of individual applications or the whole platform
- Authenticated software by continuing the chain of trust within Trusted Platform
Mastering security challenges with AUTOSAR – service overview
ESCRYPT AUTOSAR security consulting service by ETAS supports you in the review of existing and the design of new security architectures using AUTOSAR security modules, e.g. the creation of security concepts for secure in-vehicle communication using SecOC/TLS/IPSec.
ETAS' AUTOSAR experts support you in correctly using existing AUTOSAR security modules and offer:
- Analysis of your use case, current environment and architectures
- Identification of corresponding AUTOSAR security modules (e.g. IdsM for distributed IDS)
- Support for correct usage of the AUTOSAR modules (e.g. AUTOSAR IDS sensors, IdsM filter chain configuration etc.)
Our ESCRYPT AUTOSAR security consulting service encompasses design and requirements engineering of security modules according to your application that make use of the AUTOSAR interfaces, e.g. the design of a SecOC Freshness Manager including requirements engineering.
- ETAS’ AUTOSAR experts compare your requirements with the AUTOSAR specification and identify the missing aspects by performing a gap analysis
- We offer independent representation in the AUTOSAR consortium according to your individual strategy
- We perform strategic consulting towards new developments, especially with regards to currently ongoing specification activities within AUTOSAR