Due to the high precision of ±5 mV/16 bits and the high signal quality, the ES5335 is especially suitable for simulating speed- or angle-synchronous sensors such as knock, camshaft, and crankshaft sensors. Misfires and spark failures can also be represented accurately. Using the ES5335 board, it is possible to achieve extremely low total latencies (≤ 50 μs) between the driver, vehicle, and environment model (DVE model) and the output signal.
One ES5335 board provides six independent, galvanically isolated signal generators. For example, four of these channels can be used to generate four independent knock signals for up to 12 cylinders. Another example is the implementation of a modern crankshaft sensor with the detection rotational direction, as used in start-stop systems. Multiple ES5335 boards can be combined into a single group of 12 or more synchronized outputs.
The board provides 12 different signal waveform tables, which are available to all six signal generators. These waveform tables can be allocated freely amongst the six signal generators. Moreover, they can be switched and also be written in real time.
The ES5335 board fits seamlessly into the LABCAR architecture. A mixed operation with existing VME** boards is also possible.
Configuration and control of the ES5335 board is via LABCAR-OPERATOR, ETAS’s configuration and experiment environment for HiL testing.
Areas of application
- HiL testing for:
- Engine management
- Engine management
- Simulation of:
- Camshaft/crankshaft sensors with and without recognition of rotation direction, including simulation of spark failures
- Knock sensors
- Analog and digital sensors with arbitrary signal forms
- Six identical, galvanically isolated signal generators
- Precise generation of freely programmable, synchronized digital and analog signals
- Highly accurate signals with ±5 mV precision, 16 bit resolution
- Twelve signal tables to define waveforms
- Resolution of 0.011 °KW for angle time generator unit
- Each signal generator comes with its own external voltage reference
- Cut-off at each output
- Surge protection of ±60 V for each channel
* Peripheral Component Interconnect Express
** Versa Module Eurocard