The algorithm used by the ES63x modules to regulate the pumping current can be adapted to suit the specific sensor. Thanks to a TEDS code inside the sensor or wiring connection, the devices recognize the sensor type, preventing improper sensor operation. The devices automatically detect sensor and wiring defects.
From ES63x onward, the Lambda Modules record the pumping current at a rate of 2 kHz. In the same phase, they use this measurement to calculate the oxygen content in the exhaust gas as well as the values and reciprocals of the ƛ and air-fuel ratio variables. For the conversion, it is also possible to specify and store application-specific characteristic curves. The fast scan rate enables the devices to respond to sensor signal changes with fast displays and fine timeline resolution.
- ETAS Lambda Module for the precise determination of lambda values, air-fuel ratios, and oxygen concentrations in exhaust gas
- Available in single- or dual-channel versions
- Compatible with Bosch broadband lambda sensors, including Bosch’s LSU ADV sensor with expanded measurement range and fast response characteristics, Bosch’s LSU 5.1 lambda lean sensor, and NTK’s ZFAS®-U2 broadband lambda sensor
- Integrated measurement of air pressure
- Optional measurement of exhaust gas pressure
- Automatic compensation of lambda sensor signal when pressure changes
- Bright display for standalone operation
- Measurement, ECU calibration, and diagnostics using INCA
- Open interfaces and documented drivers for integration into existing tool landscapes
- Can be used in existing measuring installations instead of ETAS’s LA4 Lambda Module