Testing IC engines ECUs
The LABCAR-MODEL-ICE model simulates the behavior of internal-combustion engines (ICEs). This model is an important component for safe, reproducible tests using hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) systems at all development stages.
In combination with the LABCAR hardware, the model enables users to carry out functional ECU tests.
The model covers the full range of modern IC engines – from the gasoline engine with intake manifold injection, the turbocharged direct-injection engine to the two-staged turbo common rail diesel engine with variable turbine geometry (VTG) technology and selective catalytic reduction (SCR).
The model is delivered with five basic configurations and specific parameterizations and documentation. Building on this basic package, it can be adapted to individual requirements. Parameterization includes all relevant components – from the fuel tank, gas pressure tanks, fuel preparation system, the cooling management systems, and the soot filter – and covers factors such as variable valve lift and camshaft phase control, and the injection angles.
The model can be integrated into the LABCAR-MODEL-VVTB simulation environment (simulation model of a virtual vehicle dynamometer for HiL tests).
The model benefits from the Bosch Group’s comprehensive know-how about all components of the IC engine. It is used by Bosch for the functional testing of engine ECU software and fulfills the requirements of all Bosch customers. Moreover, it is in daily use in an extremely wide variety of ECU testing projects using HiL methods.
Consequently, ETAS customers receive a tried-and-tested, robust model. Thanks to a large database of existing ECU test projects, ETAS can quickly simulate new engine variants in a customer-specific engine model. In addition to the simulation models, ETAS also offers to support engineering services and consulting for all development requirements.
The SoftECU add-on for IC engines (LABCAR-MODEL-ICESCU) for the rapid commissioning of test projects is also available.
- Testing typical ECU functions for air systems and fuel systems of IC engines
- Testing typical ECU functions for exhaust gas treatment (e.g. Euro 6 systems)
- Testing typical ECU functions for diagnostics
- Testing the integration of engine ECU software
- Testing the robustness of ECU software through variation of parameters
- Testing system behavior with respect to aging effects
- Robust, tried-and-tested, comprehensive model that has been in use for years in a wide variety of ECU types across the full spectrum of current engine technology
- Can be expanded for HiL-based calibration of ECU parameters using data-driven models from ETAS ASCMO
- Can be integrated into LABCAR-MODEL-VVTB (simulation model of a virtual vehicle test bench for HiL tests)
- ETAS offers hardware, software, and models as well as engineering services for customization and expert consulting, all from a single source