Testing ECUs for electric motors
However, it is not always useful or possible to carry out tests using real components. For this reason, tests with hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) systems and the corresponding models are used. They make it possible to carry out safe and reproducible tests – even within limit ranges.
ETAS’s LABCAR HiL test system offers a complete and unique solution for all types of electric motor system tests. With its PC-based simulation target LABCAR-RTPC and its openness, the system can be adapted to every customer request and to changing requirements. Above all, it combines demands for accuracy and speed in an ideal manner.
The two motor types – PMSM (permanent magnet synchronous motor) and IM (induction motor) – play an important role in electric vehicle powertrain systems.
ETAS’s LABCAR models simulate the behavior of these motors, including inverter and load. They allow users to comprehensively test ECUs for electric powertrains on the HiL system.
Typical test applications
- Function tests of electric motor controls
- Tests of ECU diagnostics
- Integration tests of motor ECU software
- Robustness analyses of ECU software by varying motor parameters
- Tests of system behavior with aging effects
- Robust, proven, and comprehensive model that has been in use for many years in a wide range of ECU variants across the broad spectrum of current motor technology
- Ensures seamless transition from component design to real-time model
- Can be combined with all ETAS simulation models in LABCAR-MODEL product family
- Provides extremely high simulation speed and accuracy thanks to execution on FPGA board
ETAS is a one-stop shop for hardware, software, and models as well as engineering services for customization and expert consulting.