The integration platform is the user interface through which the HiL system is configured in preparation for ECU testing. It makes it easier to integrate environment models, configure LABCAR hardware, create signal paths between models and hardware, and generate code for the LABCAR simulation target LABCAR-RTPC. In addition, ETAS LABCAR-OPERATOR provides the tried-and-tested import options for MATLAB®/Simulink®, ASCET projects, and C code models. In each case, easy-to-use wizards support the user. In addition to Simulink® models, it is also possible to integrate models created in other tools (such as AMESim or GTpower) or third-party models (such as TESIS DYNAware).
The connection manager offers a simple means to establish signal connections between model and hardware. You also have the option of inserting generic signal conversion blocks, for instance, to model sensor effects with the aid of characteristic curves. And of course you have access to flexible and powerful configuration from CAN and LIN residual bus simulations.
The strict separation of model and hardware configuration ensures an especially high degree of reusability across individual projects.
The ETAS Experiment Environment provides a user interface for executing tests. It allows you to configure experiments and user interfaces, integrated parameter and data management, code downloads, experiment execution, real-time signal generation and measurement data recording, and signal management. When used in conjunction with LABCAR-AUTOMATION, it also provides the interface for test automation. Another strength of LABCAR-OPERATOR is the possibility to directly access ECU variables via the INCA measuring and calibration system and record them in sync with the modeling parameters.
LABCAR-OPERATOR offers a modern, consistent, and ergonomically designed operating concept. Here, the primary focus is on user-specific adaptability. This makes it easy to adjust the experiment environment to meet individual requirements and thus increase work efficiency. In addition, the Compact Value List and Full Screen View instruments offer users a clearly organized display of experiment information.
With the Signal List instrument, it is possible to interrupt the signal flow at any point and to replace or overlay the model signal with a constant or a signal generator. In this way, failure events or signal noise are easily simulated.
LABCAR as part of the development lifecycle
LABCAR-OPERATOR incorporates a common experiment environment for LABCAR, the INTECRIO rapid-prototyping environment, and the ISOLAR-EVE ECU virtualization platform for all MiL, SiL, and HiL applications. The result is an essential building block that ensures consistent validation of ECU functionalities throughout the development lifecycle. It also provides a real-time capable interface to XETK ECUs via XCP-on-Ethernet.
LABCAR-OPERATOR consists of the basic software and a number of add-ons. This makes it possible to purchase only those functions that will actually be used. However, no matter which modules are combined, the use of the basic LABCAR-OPERATOR software and LABCAR-RTC is always mandatory.
Basic software, which includes integration platform and ETAS
- LABCAR-RTC (Real-Time Execution Connector)
Setup, configuration, and execution of real-time experiments
- LABCAR-MCA (Modeling Connector for ASCET)
Integration of ASCET projects for simulation on LABCAR
- LABCAR-MCS (Modeling Connector for Simulink®)
Integration of MATLAB®/Simulink® models
- LABCAR-NIC (Network Integration CAN)
Convenient means of CAN bus simulation with message and signal manipulation plus CAN monitoring
- LABCAR-NIL (Network Integration LIN)
Convenient means of LIN bus simulation with message and signal manipulation plus LIN monitoring
- LABCAR-NIF (Network Integration FlexRay)
FlexRay bus simulation with message and signal manipulation
- LABCAR-CCI (Calibration Connector for INCA)
Interface to INCA measurement and calibration system
- LABCAR-LCX (LABCAR Integration XCP)
XCPoE interface for real-time data exchange of Data Transfer Objects between the simulation target (RTPC) and XETK equipped ECU
- LABCAR-LCE (LABCAR Integration ETK)
ETK interface for real-time data exchange of Data Transfer Objects between the simulation target (RTPC) and (X)ETK equipped ECU
- Efficient and easy operation through user-oriented separation into integration platform and experiment environment
- Individual configurable experiment environment with a modern, consistent, and ergonomically designed operating concept
- Easy navigation through unified element tree with convenient and adjustable search options
- Display layers for rapid switching between different experiment views
- Optimized adaptation to individual use cases through numerous setup options, e.g., “User-defined labels” and instrument properties
- Newly designed, flexibly adaptable automotive instruments and library
- Large variety of analysis options through professional real-time oscilloscope with negligible processor load
- Easy integration of the most diverse environment models and modeling tools based on MATLAB®/Simulink®, ASCET, or C code. To operate LABCAR-OPERATOR experiments, no model design tool license is required.
- Easy and clear connection of hardware and models
- Convenient CAN/CAN FD (ISO mode) bus simulation with message and signal manipulation, plus CAN monitoring
- Convenient LIN bus simulation with message and signal manipulation of specification 2.0 and 2.1
- HiL system is quickly adapted to different ECU variants
- Easy integration of numerous measurement and calibration tools and their recordings
- Open interface for automated testing
- Common experiment environment of LABCAR-OPERATOR and INTECRIO ensures the reusability of experiments or test, form virtual prototyping to HiL testing
- High performant FlexRay interface
- XCPoE interface to connect XCPoE equipped ECU
- ETK interface to connect (X)ETK equipped ECU