Webinar: The impact of SUMS on OEMs and suppliers
How to prepare for UN-R 156 and ISO 24089
Recording: Streamed on 10 Jun 2021
Duration: 42 min 50 sec
Speakers: Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Stimm, Security Engineer & Dr. Moritz Minzlaff, Senior Manager Security Consulting
Soon, type approval of new vehicles will require a certified Software Update Management System (SUMS). In the future, any type approval-relevant update will only be allowed after registration and approval by the authorities. SUMS helps to identify which updates are relevant for approval. OEMs and suppliers need to implement organizational processes and procedures to comply with the regulation for delivery of software updates.
In this webinar we presented which processes must be applied and which requirements must be fulfilled to receive vehicle type approval and to permit software updates of vehicles in the field.
- Short introduction to UNECE Regulation 156
- Management and deployment of software updates
- Over the air (OTA) updates
- Software update engineering – ISO 24089
- Eight-step approach for establishing a certifiable cybersecurity management system (CSMS)