ETAS offers multicore OS support for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
ETAS has added multicore OS support to the ETAS RTA-OS port for the Xilinx Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ARM® Cortex™-R5F cores with the ARM Compiler. Like the other RTA-OS ports for the UltraScale+, this port covers the complete range of devices, including CG, EG and EV devices.
ETAS RTA-OS is the market-leading implementation of AUTOSAR OS, which can be used as a standalone implementation or as part of the overall RTA-CAR Classic AUTOSAR solution. RTA-OS is configured in ARXML, which can be done with ETAS ISOLAR-B, a dedicated GUI (supplied with RTA-OS), or with any other suitable tool. The OS code is generated as a library optimized for your target hardware, compiler and the specific OS configuration used in your application.
The Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+™ is a device we are seeing as increasingly popular, and it’s now the subject of five different RTA-OS ports. The multicore support for the Cortex R5F cores is a great step forward, complimenting the multicore support that already exists for the ARM Quad/Dual Cortex-A53 cores that co-exist on the same family of devices.
RTA-OS is available for the UltraScale+ with the following combinations of cores and compilers:
- Cortex-R5F cores with ARM compiler
- Cortex-R5F cores with Green Hills Software compiler
- Cortex-R5F cores with GCC compiler
- Cortex-A53 cores with ARM compiler
- Cortex-A53 cores with Green Hills compiler
“Xilinx is pleased to see ETAS expand its offering with further ports and enhancements of the popular RTA-OS operating system to our Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC portfolio,” said Willard Tu, senior director, Automotive at Xilinx. “The combination of automotive-grade software with our automotive-qualified XA Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC family provides our joint customers with a great starting point for their next automotive project”.
RTA-OS supports a growing list of microcontroller families driven by customer needs:
- Cypress Semiconductor FR81, Traveo II (CYTxxx)
- Infineon TLE98xx
- Infineon Tricore/AURIX
- NXP i.MX8, i.MXRT
- Freescale NXP MPC56xx, MPC57xx, MPC58xx, S32Rxx
- NXP S32Gxx, S32Kxx
- Renesas RCar
- Renesas V850E2, RH850E1, RH850E2
- ST Microelectronics SPC56x, SPC57x, SPC58x
- ST Microelectronics STV0991
- ST Microelectronics SR6x7 ("Stellar")
- Texas Instruments TMS570, OMAP
- Xilinx Zynq-7000, UltraScale+
Talk to us!
To get started or for more information, please contact us!