Functions at a Glance
- ODX V2.2 support
- LIN V2.2 and SAE-J2602 support
- CAN-FD – Support of CAN message sending using any CAN-ID during flashing
- New ASAP3 service enables clients to read tool setup information
- Improved visualization of active labels in the Experiment Environment
- J1939 monitoring – supports 250K baud and 500K baud
- Support of GNSS measurement devices in INCA
ODX V2.2 Support
ASAM MCD-2D/ODX V2.2.0 [ISO/DIS 22901-1] support
- INCA now supports ODX V2.2 description files in .pdx, .odx, or .xprj format
- ODX COMPARAM support in accordance with ODX V2.0.1/V2.2 standard for HW initialization of KWP2000-on-CAN/K-Line and UDS-on-CAN devices
Assured compatibility with ODX V2.0.1, i.e. it is still possible to use ODX 2.0.1 projects from the INCA database and it is still possible to import ODX 2.0.1 projects into INCA and use them with ODX-LINK/FLASH.
LIN V2.2 and SAE-J2602 support
INCA now supports LIN V2.2 and SAE-J2602 LDF files for LIN monitoring
- Import and use LIN V2.2/V2.2A compliant LDF files
- Import and use SAE-J2602 compliant LDF files
- Usage of LIN V2.2/V2.2A/SAE-J2602 LDF projects for LIN monitoring in INCA
CAN-FD – Support of CAN message sending using any CAN-ID during flashing
The ProF commands for sending CAN messages can now be used for CAN-FD message sending, i.e. MAX_DLC is now 64 bytes:
- CAN_SEND_MESSAGE (canId, canFrame)
- Sends a CAN/CAN-FD frame (up to 64 bytes) on the given CAN ID
- Supports any CAN-ID (11-bit, 29-bit, physical and functional)
- CAN_SEND_CYCLIC_MESSAGE_START (stopID, cycleTime, canId, canFrame)
- Starts a thread to send the configured CAN/CAN-FD message on the given CAN-ID cyclically in the given cycle time
- Can be used to send a cyclic TesterPresent command to other ECUs, for example
- CAN_SEND_CYCLIC_MESSAGE_STOP (stopId)
- Stops the cyclic sending thread with the given Id
Typical use case: Deactivating the vehicle CAN bus message transfer (disable normal message transfer) by sending a specific CAN message to other ECUs (once and cyclically, if required).
New ASAP3 service enables clients to read tool setup information
For later analysis, it is essential to document what test setup was used.
INCA provides a new ASAP3 service to read out tool setup information from INCA.
Improved visualization of active labels in the Experiment Environment
The Experiment gets more contrast. The colors of the inactive widgets are altered to match the background colors. The control fields of the inactive display windows are no longer visible. This space is used to display the widget name. The active widget gets a colored frame.
J1939 monitoring – supports 250K baud and 500K baud
With SP8, INCA supports the J1939 monitoring communication at 250K and at 500K baud rates in accordance with J1939 standards. The 500K baud is used as default by INCA and can be changed to 250K baud by the user on HWC in the normal way.
Support of GNSS measurement devices in INCA
INCA now supports modern global navigation systems (GNSS) such as GALILEO and GLONASS, which provide coordinates with a high degree of precision.
INCA supports the NMEA 0183 V4.1 standard, which has been expanded to include the new GALILEO, GLONASS, and future GNSS devices.