Foundation: 1994 as subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH
Associates: 1,500 (January 1, 2022)
Sales revenue: 321,5 million euros (2021)
International presence: 12 countries in Europe, Asia, and the Americas
Customers: automakers, automotive component suppliers, ECU suppliers, and engineering service providers
Portfolio expansion: engineering and consulting services, training programs, and premium-class customer service
Software is playing an increasingly important role in vehicles – it defines their functionality and performance. More and more, the software-defined vehicle is becoming a reality. Software ensures that our vehicles are running clean, economical, and connected and work reliably. It provides safety and comfort and enhances driving experience, offering added value to the user.
With solutions for software development, operation, and cybersecurity, we enable our customers to create the best software inside or outside the vehicle.
A brief overview of the ETAS application fields
ETAS offers comprehensive solutions for the realization of software-defined vehicles in the areas of Software Development Solutions, Vehicle Operating System, Vehicle Cloud Services, Cybersecurity, Data Acquisition and Processing Solutions, and Integrated Customer Solutions.
Software Development Solutions
From the idea to tested software code
With our Software Development Solutions, we support our customers to
- understand relationships faster,
- develop more efficiently,
- be flexible,
- create better software, according to highest safety requirements, and
- test continuously and consistently at the desk or in the cloud.
Vehicle Operating System
Operate software reliably
With our Vehicle Operating System, our customers can
- rely on our extensive RTA portfolio that has been proven in numerous production projects,
- comply the highest safety requirements and automotive standards, and
- benefit from our extensive knowledge.
Vehicle Cloud Services
Connecting vehicles to the cloud, each other, and beyond
With our Vehicle Cloud Services, our customers can
- reduce their effort, time-to-market, and cost for vehicle software, services, and new features,
- continuously develop and roll-out new features through a managed gateway for software and data,
- access new sales opportunities in on- and off-board software markets.
Protect the connected vehicle
With our cybersecurity solutions, our customers can
- obtain fully secured vehicle systems – from the individual component to the connected infrastructure, throughout the entire lifecycle, and
- benefit from our extensive automotive experience.
Data Acquisition and Processing
Successfully adapt software to the vehicles
With our Data Acquisition and Processing solutions, our customers can
- benefit from our experience as market leader,
- rely on comprehensive hardware and software solutions,
- optimize their systems,
- exploit the full potential of their software, and
- test new functions under conditions close to reality.
Integrated Customer Solutions
Accelerate the development of automotive software and innovation cycles
With our Integrated Customer Solutions, our customers can
- realize their vision for the software-defined vehicle from concept to deployment in series with a modular reference ready-to-use platform solution,
- benefit from our open source and partner network which allows us to join forces with the industry on non-differentiating parts and open standards, resulting in decreased time to market, and benefiting from shared best practices, and
- count on our extensive consulting offers.