The Enterprise Analytics Toolbox (EATB) is a reporting tool for searching, analyzing, and graphically visualizing large amounts of measurement data in a very short time. This data can be used for system validation and evaluation. The data analysis is performed automatically with the help of freely programmable templates on the basis of MATLAB or via the graphical user interface. Algorithms and charts are used to identify the relevant areas, which are then displayed using a traffic-light format in an interactive report with a clearly structured graphical user interface. This makes it easy for users to quickly understand the data at a later point in time as well. The toolbox thus helps users to quickly gain a firm grip on complex systems and minimizes the possibility of errors in the data analysis.
Areas of use
The EATB can be used in all situations in which large volumes of measurement data need to be analyzed:
- Development of ECU software
- System testing on the test bench
- Evaluation of on-the-road test drives
- System validation
- Calibration verification
Features and functions
The Enterprise Analytics Toolbox has been designed to provide calibration engineers, software developers, and other engineers with a quick overview of large volumes of data and to directly identify deviations.
Customer-specific testing criteria that define the permissible bandwidth for certain measurement results provide the basis for the data analysis. These criteria are stored in templates.
The report’s graphical user interface displays the results using the traffic light format. Correct calibration values are displayed in green. Deviations from the limit value within a defined range are shown in yellow. And deviations from the limit value outside the specified range or parameters that are not defined in the template are displayed in red.
As soon as a criterion is exceeded in a part of the range, the entire range will then also be shown in red. This allows the assigned engineer to identify at a glance the area in which a detailed fault analysis will need to be carried out.
The interactive reports can be stored centrally on web servers. This enables project participants to access the same data set from different locations at the same time using a standard web browser – even on mobile devices. A record of all reports is provided in the report history.
Since the templates are likewise stored on a central web server, all of the development engineers also benefit from a shared template library. It means that once a template has been created it can be reused, thus saving working time. A knowledge base therefore builds up over time, and all the various engineering teams can benefit from it.
- Fast and automated processing of large volumes of measurement data
- Savings in development capacities thanks to analyses performed in a fraction of the time
- Simultaneous access by various project participants is possible
- Quick overview of many reports at a glance (traffic light format)
- Data analysis at various development stages using a single tool
- Custom-designed system validation (template based)
- Open system with the option to integrate one’s own templates
- Clearly structured, interactive reports that are highly customizable make it possible to produce robust evaluations
- Errors can be localized and isolated systematically: the user can “drill down” into chapters and sections
- Compliance with the obligatory documentation requirements
- Creation of reports that are suitable information sources for management decisions
- Training and documentation
- Building up a knowledge base within the company