The ES820 module is easy to integrate into existing vehicle instrumentation. Replacing the INCA PC or laptop, the module captures and records signals from ECUs, buses, networks, sensors, and measuring instruments in the vehicle. Once configured, the module records all data from connected devices without user or driver interaction. The ES820 recorder includes an INCA version.
Using the ES89x and ES5xx interface modules, the ECUs can be connected to the drive recorder via ETK, XETK or FETK interfaces and multiple LIN, CAN/CAN FD and FlexRay buses. Additionally, the measurement modules of the ES400 and ES600 product families allow to record various signals of the vehicle environment. The ES820 module and the corresponding cables are designed for use in the passenger compartment or vehicle trunk, at the test bench, and in the laboratory.
A Gigabit Ethernet (host) interface allows users to connect a PC for configuration and copying recorded data. An additional GE interface facilitates networking with compatible Gigabit Ethernet modules. To extend the system, for example with an external ES581.4 CAN bus interface module, four USB-A ports are available.
The ES820 drive recorder is compatible with ETAS INCA, the standard tool for measurement, ECU calibration, and diagnostics. The selection of measurement signals, the setting of data acquisition rates, and the configuration of triggers and communication as well as diagnostic protocols are applied directly from INCA.
- Unattended measurement and recording of data from ECUs, buses, networks, sensors, and measuring instruments
- Exchangeable memory module for rapidly transferring large data volumes to the corporate network
- Compatible with the INCA basic version. The following INCA add-ons are available for the ES820: INCA-FLEXRAY, LIN, Daisy Chain ES4xx, Daisy Chain ES6xx, Daisy Chain ES93xx, ES9xx, KID, ES5xx, 3rd Party Hardware, ETarget (separate license required), ODX (separate license required). INCA add-on content is available here.
- Next-generation drive recorder module for challenging in-vehicle measurement applications
- High computer power and large memory capacity for recording a large number of signals over a long period of time