ETAS RTA-OS (operating system) is a real-time operating system for deeply embedded ECUs with the highest safety level (ISO 26262 ASIL-D). It supports the latest versions of the relevant AUTOSAR, OSEK*/VDX, ISO 26262, and MISRA C standards.
RTA-OS builds on the experience gained with the RTA-OSEK real-time operating system, which has been established in the automotive industry for many years. RTA-OS supports the use of single and multicore microcontrollers and combines the full set of AUTOSAR functions with minimal runtime overhead. By virtue of its ISO 26262 certification for ASIL-D, RTA-OS can also be used for developing functions with strict safety requirements.
RTA-OS can be combined with RTA-RTE (AUTOSAR Runtime Environment generator) and RTA-BSW (AUTOSAR Basic Software) to create an AUTOSAR-compliant runtime platform. The operating system can also be used in a non-AUTOSAR environment equally well.
Work can begin even if the target hardware is not available, as RTA-OS is delivered with a Windows PC port to allow application software development in virtual environments on the PC. A full AUTOSAR virtual ECU solution is also available from ETAS in the form of ETAS ISOLAR-EVE.
- Best-in-class processor and memory overheads
- ISO 26262 (ASIL-D)-certified operating system
- Automatically generates an optimized data structure for exact configuration adapted to the specific application
- Supports wide range of single and multicore microcontrollers
- Includes a virtual development environment on MS Windows
- Patented single-stack implementation, which typically reduces application stack space requirements by between 50% and 80%
- Supports all AUTOSAR configuration levels for controlling time response behavior and memory protection
- Features an simple-to-use intuitive graphical user interface
- Offers easy migration from OSEK OS using the OIL2XML conversion tool
- The code generated for the AUTOSAR operating system is smaller and faster compared to that used for RTA-OSEK despite the additional functionality
- Implements common standards
- AUTOSAR R4.2, R4.1, R4.0 and R3.x, including OS functions for multicore processors and memory protection
- OSEK*/VDX OS-compliant classes