The ES600 represents the key module of the compact module family by ETAS and is designated to connect several measurement and interface modules to the PC.
The ES600 supplies power to each of the up to six measuring modules that can be connected to it, and it manages data transfer over the same line. The ES600 uses an innovative method to synchronize all the modules and their measuring channels. Net-worked modules can thus act like a measuring system. With the support of INCA, the system will provide high time stability with an accuracy in the range of milliseconds. This excludes the possibility of phase shifts in the signals and ensures that data will always match their specific acquisition times.
The ES600 continuously displays the activities on the connecting line to the connected modules via LEDs, making it possible to monitor the operation of the module and of the connection itself. Using a built-in power-saving feature, the modules of the ES600 family automatically switch to stand-by mode if no PC is connected. The ES600 powers on the modules sequentially. This avoids load surges, which could occur if several consumers in the supply network were to be powered on simultaneously.
Functions at a Glance
- Data transfer to the PC and connected modules via Ethernet
- Connection of up to six measuring modules and additional ES600 or ES1000.3 units
- Status LED for each (Ethernet) channel
- Sequential power-on of connected modules
- Precise time synchronization of all modules and their measuring channels
- Rugged, functional metal housing