For Real-Time Systems
With RTA-OSEK ETAS provides an industry leading implementation of the OSEK-OS standard. In addition to the RTA-OSEK Component the product includes real-time analysis, specification and implementation tools. The RTA-OSEK toolset enables you to model and subsequently analyze your OSEK application's timing behavior to find out whether an application will meet all performance deadlines at run-time - before it is coded. If an application cannot meet necessary deadlines, our analysis tools can calculate the modifications that will ensure that it works on time, every time.
RTA-OSEK helps you to determine whether all performance deadlines can be met at run-time, irrespective of particular phasings of execution. This unique tool, compatible with the industry standard OSEK Operating System, allows engineers to take control of real-time performance during the early stages of the development lifecycle, instead of trying to "test in" real-time correctness. The introduction of timing modeling and analysis early in the lifecycle allows costly performance problems to be designed out quickly, easily, and cheaply, eliminating the risk that timing problems will be identified during testing.
Given a model of a real-time system, RTA-OSEK's analysis tool can answer questions like these:
- "Can my application meet my real-time requirements?"
- "How much additional functionality can I add to my tasks and still meet my timing deadlines?"
- "What do I need to do to fix my real-time performance problems?"
- "What is the optimum allocation of priorities to tasks in my application?"
- "What is the lowest CPU speed I can run my application at and still meet my timing deadlines?"
- "What is the worst case stack usage of my application and how can I reduce it?"
Once an application design has been proven correct in the time domain, it can be built using the real-time development tool, which allows OSEK-OS-based applications to be developed quickly and easily with the following features:
- Extensive cross implementation checklists that show engineers exactly what C code needs to be written to maintain consistency between the configuration and the implementation
- Automatic generation of application code templates that allows rapid creation of the initial implementation
- Graphical visualization and manipulation of OSEK-OS alarms that provide a quick guide to application run-time behavior
- An integrated development environment invokes the compiler toolchain, etc.
Configuration information is used to automatically generate optimized OS data structures and API calls that help minimize application size and boost performance of the OS at run-time.
RTA-OSEK includes RTA-OSEK Component, an OSEK-OS operating kernel, that has been certified to the OSEK-OS V2.2 standard. The system supports the following:
- All four conformance classes (BCC1, BCC2, ECC1 and ECC2)
- Inter-task communication with CCCA and CCCB and combined resources
RTA-OSEK Component has been independently benchmarked as the smallest and fastest OSEK-OS available, and is available for 20 popular microcontroller/compiler combinations. It is compatible with the real-time modeling, building, and testing tools