The ETAS ES886 ECU and Bus Interface Module is part of the ES800 product family, which provides hardware modules for sophisticated measurement, calibration, and prototyping applications. Using the ES886 ECU and Bus Interface Module, Automotive Ethernet (AE) ECUs and vehicle buses can be connected to the ES800 measurement, calibration, and prototyping system. The ES886 module has been designed for monitoring data communication involving state-of-the-art protocols and signals.
Together with the BroadR-Reach® BR_XETK ECU interface and the INCA software tool, ETAS offers a solution for the validation and calibration of interconnected electronic systems in the vehicle and on the test bench that aims to optimize overall integration efforts.
In addition to the Ethernet, CAN, CAN FD and LIN vehicle buses, the ES882 module supports the BR_XETK and XETK ECU interfaces from ETAS. Three BR_XETKs can be connected to one ES882 module simultaneously. Measurement modules from the ES400 or ES600 product families as well as ES523, ES592, ES593-D and ES595 ECU Interface Modules and ES9xx Prototyping and Interface Modules can be connected to the ES886 module via Fast Ethernet.
The ES886 module can be used for Ethernet monitoring in order to keep track of what is happening on the network at all times. Ethernet monitoring via PDU takes place via a direct 100Base-T1 connection. Here, data packets are duplicated in a passive and transparent way for the network with the help of internal TAP (test access port) and CAP (Capturing) functionality.
In the case of Tapping, monitoring takes place via the ES886’s two AE ports 3 and 4. In the case of Capturing, one of these two connections is used. AE ports 1 and 2 will be enabled with an HSP update (firmware and INCA update). For the purpose of monitoring, a gateway can also be connected to AE ports 3 and 4 directly.
Synchronization with all ETAS interfaces has an accuracy of up to 1 microsecond thanks to timestamping. A PC is used as the display device.
- Calibration and prototyping of ECUs via Automotive Ethernet
- Measurements in the vehicle and on the test bench with high data rates
- Ethernet monitoring with AUTOSAR PDU is available with INCA 7.2 SP13. It is expected that Ethernet Monitoring with SOME-IP is available when an INCA service pack is released by the end of 2019. The latest firmware update is required – at least HSPv11.13.0.
- Ethernet monitoring with unmodified data traffic between the interfaces during Capturing.
- Open and standards-compliant: communication of applications with BR_XETK ECUs via XCP-on-Ethernet protocol is possible
- Simple integration in heterogeneous measurement setups with automation solutions with a central clock; deployment also as a synchronization master in accordance with the IEEE1588 standard (PTP)
- Time-synchronous acquisition of signals from BR_XETK and XETK ECUs, vehicle buses, and measurement modules with an accuracy greater than 1 microsecond using ETAS hardware
- Full integration of the ES88x-/ES89x modules into third-party tools with C libraries provided by ETAS
- Seamless integration in INCA and BUSMASTER
- Four Automotive Ethernet BroadR-Reach® interfaces, of which three can be used for BR_XETK; one Gigabit Ethernet port and one XETK/Fast Ethernet port
- Five independent CAN/CANFD interfaces
- One independent LIN interface
- Configurable: wake-up on CAN and wake-up on CAN FD at the start of transmission
- Simple plug-in mechanism for connecting additional modules from the ES800 family
- Robust metal housing (IP44)